Feel bored with the original Windows 7 logon screen wallpaper? Let’s try to change it to your preferred image with just a few simple steps .
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Always make a backup of the Windows Registry before you modify any settings.
- Run regedit to open up windows registry editor
- Browse to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background\
- Add or modify the DWORD value named “OEMBackground” and set the value to 1
- Open window explorer and browse to C:\Windows\system32\oobe\
- Create a new folder and name it “info”
- Browse to the newly created “info” folder
- Create a new folder and name it “backgrounds”
- Copy the new image file to “backgrounds” folder
- Make sure that your new image fulfill the following requirements:
– jpg format
– equal or less then 256k
– dimensions match the screen resolution
– named the image as “backgroundDefault.jpg“
- You may log off now and your Windows 7 logon screen wallpaper should be changed to the new image now.